Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Hodgepodge

Since I know there"ll be a lot of random things we do this summer, I plan just to have some "hodgepodge" posts to keep up with what we are doing this summer.

The other day I was having cabin fever, so I loaded up the boys and we headed out after taking Kendrick to work. We ended up at the arboretum. They have a park and a fountain which the boys thought was cool. It's also close to a Barnes and Noble, which my boys L-O-V-E. We decided to go "look" and lo and behold it was story time! Hollister wasn't really into it, but he did like reading the books on his own. We also ended up at our local library which is where we got lots of books for the boys to take home and enjoy. Reading super hero books.

The next day we went to the sprinkler park to meet our friends. This was as much about Mommy getting to have some "girl time" as the whole "sprinkler fun". It was different this year with 2 though. So, there aren't many pictures from this day. I dressed Hamilton there and when I went to put on his suit, it didn't fit! yep, too small... and it was a 12 month... So, he just wore his swim diaper.Notice the toy, in his mouth.... He has 2 teeth now and I think more are coming in.

Today, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We also went to a sprinkler park they have near their house. It was perfect for a quick trip. We had a blast. CJ and Hollister having some fun.


Hamilton loved this sprinkler. He kept trying to "eat" the water. It was so funny.


Notice his new suit.... the trunks are 18 months!!! The shirt is a 24 month, and its not that big!!! But, he sure is adorable!!!


Hollister called this the "car wash".

This summer is Kendrick is working, working, working. He has picked up more hours and responsibilities at Little Ceasar's. He is saving for a car, so this is important.

Trevor is of course, working too. Business is good and he has even hired an employee. He is staying busy and I think for the most part, still enjoying it.

I am being a full time mom, sleeping as much as possible and officially training for a half marathon. It is 5 months away and I am a little bit late in starting, but so far, so good.... I feel like the more times I say it or write it, the less likely I am to back out of it.

1 comment:

Mya and River said...

That sprinkler park looks really cool! And Hamilton, boy, slow down. You have your whole life to eat. ;) Glad you're having a good summer!! We miss you guys!