Friday, November 9, 2012

Playing Dress Up

Yes, our children did participate in Halloween this year. Their mom did too.

And now she is finally getting around to writing about it.

First, it was "hat day" at school. How cute is this kid?!

The boys wanted to be super heroes again this year. We waited to the last possible minute to get costumes as well. With sports, we just don't go near a Target, Wal- Mart or Party City often, seriously, I spend 98% of my life in Elgin.
Thank goodness Trevor doesn't!

Dad to the rescue!

But first, Hamilton was allowed to wear his costume to school, but they couldn't guarantee nothing bad would happen. So, we opted for an alternative.  I saw this on Pinterest and thought it would be super cute.

homeless costume

We made him a "lumberjack" instead of homeless.
 Check out the stumble.
So stinking cute!

For Hollister, he was the blue Power Ranger and Halloween night Hamilton was Spider-man. We took our annual trip around the neighborhood with our friends. We didn't have a party, much to Hollister's dismay. I was heavily scolded about this. Hopefully next year. I made no promises though.

I decided to dress up for school as well. My hubby had the idea and the chaps too. 
 The wig? Just for fun! The students LOVED IT!!!!! I barely made it through the day with that thing on my head. It was really hot and itchy.
The other ladies are also 6th grade teachers. Brittany Duncan on the left teaches theater and Language Arts. She was Rosie the Riveter. Susan Bause teaches Science and she was a Greek Goddess.
These ladies keep my days fun and lively.





No comments: