Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bowling with the Boys

Today we gave the boys a choice, a movie or bowling. They choose bowling. We drove into town, HA! I love writing that, and ate at Steak and Shake.. a family favorite. Well, they changed the menu up and not that it wasn't still yummy, it just wasn't well, the same.


Then we headed to the bowling alley pretty close by. It was jammed packed. We walked in hopeful and found ourselves crashing a Girl Scout celebration. Apparently they had rented the whole place out. Well, since we obviously aren't girl scouts, we left. Hollister was VERY upset. He didn't quite understand what was happening and he also thought it had to do with Chuck E Cheese (I dunno why) and cried until we arrived at the next bowling alley. This was also full, but not of just girl scouts and they had a lane for us. We haven't bowled in quite some time and the very cool thing is, you can add bumpers for anyone on their turn and then they disappear for the next person. Man, whoever thought of that was a genius I tell ya!

We only gave bumpers to Hollister, but honestly, I needed them more than anyone. I was actually beat by a 3 year old. We all pretty much stunk, but it was good family fun. In our "family deal" we got tokens for the game room. That just killed time and upset Hollister when it was time to leave. Maybe we'll rethink that "deal" next time.

Here's some photos of the boys and their bowling. Yes, obviously I was there as the photographer only. I really need my hubby to step up and take a photo of me.

Hollister was very protective of his ball. He kept it with him at all times. Except while drinking his Shirley Temple.


If you look closely you can see the "guards".





Good form. Not so good form.





I think Kendrick likes doing stuff like this with us, because he knows he can beat me and come in 2nd.


For whatever reason, Hollister thought his shoes needed some air.
They were so stinking cute on his feet!

I wanted to make a video of Hollister bowling. Its a little hard to see him because a parent HAD to go up there with him so sorry he is blocked by his Dad while actually bowling. But you will get the point!




Did you notice how excited he was when his ball came back up? He was so thrilled by that.
Oh, and I was trying to video the score, but it didn't quite work, sorry...

Hopefully I'll have lots of posts this week with it being Spring Break and hopefully get some good photos of all 3 boys. Plus I plan to sleep a lot, read and relax! I actually got 9, yes NINE hours of sleep last night and it was awesome!!!! Oh, and it was light when I woke up, now that was really cool!

1 comment:

Zora said...

How funny. Our family fun yesterday was bowling too. Have no idea who own or who lost. All of us got bumpers at our bowling alley. At least you have pictures to prove you had family fun