Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

I feel like Thanksgiving was forever ago now....
but... we did start a new Thanksgiving tradition (kind of)

Two years ago I ran the Turkey Trot in downtown Austin.
Remember that here.

When it was over, Trevor made the statement, "We should all do this next year."

Well, the next year, we had a 2 week old baby.

So, this year... I am back to running and Trevor decided to join me. Sort of... I thought we were going to run together, but ha, ha, jokes on me. He ran for about 2 minutes with me and then he was gone! No, he didn't train. No, he just ran and ran, and yes, he was fast. Who's surprised? yea, me neither...



Before the race.
Hey, this is running, not a beauty contest!

Our cheering section!

After the race, Trevor looks wells rested for a reason.
He had plenty of time before I made it across.

Anyway, it was fun. The boys enjoyed hanging out with their big brother, listening to live music, and seeing all the "turkeys". Sorry, no pics, but trust me, people in Austin are weird!


Afterward, we had a great day of football and a nice dinner. That night was the big A&M vs. Texas game. This year has been tough for the longhorns, but this game is still important in this household!

The rest of the weekend was spent at my mom's working. I know that's why it feels like Thanksgiving was weeks ago instead of days. But, it was all worth it and I am thankful we were together as a family.

No comments: