Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Another Year in Review

Us at the beginning of 2010Each year, I do a family Christmas letter. Its just an update for our family and friends. This year, I didn't. Why? I guess with Facebook and this blog, I felt like everyone knew what had gone on in our lives this past year. Plus, after 2009, 2010 was fairly uneventful. (thanking God for that)

I went back and read our 2009 year in review. Wow, what a year.... But, it also reminded me why I keep this blog. I use it for MY memories, and for that reason I am doing another Year in Review, because one day I will actually get our scrapbooks together and this blog will jog my memory....

Our year started out with me on maternity leave, Hollister's 4th birthday and then Trevor's 40th birthday. That was quite an event. We had a huge party here for him. This was Trevor's first birthday party, ever. My fondest memory from that night was hearing so many people sing Happy Birthday to him and just being overjoyed at everyone being there for him on his special day.

Spring marked prom and GRADUATION. Another BIG party, this time for Kendrick's high school graduation.
In the fall, school started once again. CJ played tennis again and I continued my commute to Round Rock. This cool boy, well, he just stayed cool and has grown into quite an awesome big brother.

We celebrated a lot of first with Hamilton. His first foods, rolling over, taking a bottle, day care, crawling, waving, you name it, he did it! Finally, after his first birthday, he walked! Now, well, he's trying to run!
I have to admit that I don't feel 2010 flew by. I feel like we have had a long year. I can't say its been a bad one or my kids are growing up too fast. I just don't feel that way. I feel like we just keep living. We have good days, we have bad days. We have long days, we have short days. We spend a lot of time together, and sometimes we feel like there's never enough time for everything we want to do. But everyday, we're a family, no matter where we lay our head at night.

Us at the end of 2010 I'm excited to be starting a new year. 2011 is going to be a big for us and I for one am ready!

What's ahead for us.... Kendrick starts college, we'll be running a lot, literally running... I turn 40, CJ starts high school, Hollister starts kindergarten.... oh yea... 2011, BRING IT ON!!!


1 comment:

Mya and River said...

I love how you redid the picture! What a great idea! You've got a lot coming up in the next year. Lots to look forward to! :)