Sunday, December 19, 2010

A holiday first

This is Hollister's 5th Christmas. He was 11 and 3/4 months for his first one and when we took him to see Santa that first year, he wanted nothing to do with him. That has been his stance for the past four years and he is serious about it. He loves Santa, but from a distance. Last year, we tried everything, but no, it wasn't happening. Thank goodness Hamilton was an infant (he was about 4 weeks old) so he didn't have a say, and I have a cute picture of him and Santa.

Well, a few weeks ago, his good friend Jack sat on Santa's lap and his mommy posted it on Facebook. I showed it to Hollister and told him what a big boy Jack was and how he sat on Santa's lap and didn't cry or get scared. Oh yes, it was total peer pressure and I make no apology's for it. Having a picture of your kid on Santa's lap is a big deal to moms, hands down in the top 10 list of pictures you gotta have.

Well, it worked and Hollister started talking about how he wanted to sit on Santa's lap and we ran with it. We tried last Sunday, but who in their right mind goes to the mall on Sunday and waits in a line for Santa? What were we thinking?

We tried again on Monday afternoon. Make a note, see Santa on a Monday afternoon. There is NO line!

I was so impressed with Hollister and shocked at how "big"he was. While in line, he was so excited. He couldn't wait to sit on his lap. Of course we had Hamilton too and Trevor and I had decided that we would try to sit him on Santa's lap, if he cried, we'd pull him and let Hollister do it alone. (if you don't know, Hamilton is quite the Mommy and Daddy's boy and doesn't let people just hold him)

When it was our turn, my big 4 3/4 year old, climbed right up on Santa's lap and smiled. I was SHOCKED!!! You can not imagine the drama we have been through the past 4 Decembers..... And Hamilton, HOLY MOLY, that little guy, just sat there and even smiled. I was impressed with them both! Hollister was so cute.

He asked Santa, "what do I do?" before getting on his lap. I just knew Hamilton would cry at this point,
but nope, not one tear or even a peep.
This Santa was AWESOME!
This is my favorite picture. I know the quality isn't great. But, after the professional picture was taken, Santa asked Hollister what he wanted for Christmas. Hollister looks sad, but he is just EXTREMELY shy and only whispered what he wanted. But Santa heard him and said, " Wow, you must really like Scooby Doo" (which is does by the way.... ) Now I have the pictures I need. If neither boy never sits on his lap again, who cares? My Christmas wish came true!

No comments: