Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to me

Friday I turned the BIG 4-0!



I got the best of both worlds this year.

I spent my half my birthday weekend with the boys and half with just my husband.


My beautiful flowers sent to me from my husband (something he has never done, which made it super special!) and balloons from my school team mates. My team at school surprised me with cake and balloons!


My husband made a GREAT cupcake cake! Its awesome being married to a "baker".I had a great helper to blow out my candles with.


Present time!


I got a fun wine glass, books by my fav author and a much needed blow dryer!


Wine glass up close:Saturday afternoon, we were lucky enough to pack up and leave the boys with their big brother for a night away. We planned this to coincide with the Capital 10K run on Sunday. I was pretty content with just hanging out, going to bed early and waking up for the 6mile run. Well, my sweet husband had more in store for me.


We went to dinner at the Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant, which is a special treat no matter what the occasion. We took a carriage ride around downtown. So romantic and something he knows I have always wanted to experience. Lastly, he took me to another spot that I have been telling him over and over I wanted to try. Austin is pretty famous for food trailers. One extremely popular one is Hey Cupcake. No explanation needed right? I was thrilled at this adventure, but since we had just had chocolate fondue, we took them to go. We are also pretty picky about our cupcakes now with Trevor's new found baking abilities. Let's just say, it was the experience that counted, not the cupcakes. Most of all, it was that Trevor made this birthday celebration worth every second. Sunday morning, we rounded our weekend by running in the Capital 10k. This is the largest 10K in Texas. There were 23,000 runners. Since we were running I didn't carry my camera. We'll be e-mailed photos from a company and I'll pay an arm and leg for our photo because I just have to have one. Can you find us? I promise, we are in there!!!





This is how we feel when we are in the midst of running a run, running sucks! I personally don't get a "runners high" after running, but I was glad that we completed it. My sweet hubby ran the whole thing with me when he obviously could have finished it much faster. I was very pleased that we ran it in 1:10ish... I say "ish" because we had to stop at a porta-potty at one point.... When you gotta go, you gotta go!

1 comment:

Mya and River said...

What a fabulous birthday for a fabulous lady!!!!