Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hamilton's First Airplane Ride

Amidst all the drama in our house with Hollister's broken arm, Hamilton had his first airplane ride last week.

Our nephew, Christian, graduated from high school last week in New Mexico. Trevor and the boys went  for the ceremony. I had to stay here and work. I did enjoy a few days of a VERY quiet house, but man, I was glad to have them back.

They left on Saturday. The boys were so excited! We had kept it a secret up until the last minute. Hollister knew he had a "surprise" but had no idea what it was. I know he was hoping for a toy. When Trevor told him he was going on an airplane, he was thrilled. He asked where and I asked him, "Where do you want to go?" His reply was "Hawaii". I hated to disappoint him, but he was still happy to go to New Mexico. He said several times that the surprise of an airplane trip was a lot better than a toy!

I know, it's a dark picture. But this is Hamilton in front on "his plane". I really missed not being there for his first flying experience. The boys were given some "wings" and coloring books and crayons when they got on the plane. Hollister was sweet enough to bring me some peanuts back upon his return.

The boys found their "Hawaii".


 They flew on Saturday evening, so this is what Hollister had on his wrist during the flight. It was obvious something was wrong. 


















 I picked them up Tuesday night and I know they had a great time. Hamilton kept saying "I ride airplane. It go fast" It was really cute. Hollister made sure I knew he was talking about the landing being the fast part.

No comments: