Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hamilton's First Dentist Appointment

A few weeks ago, Hollister and I went to the dentist, each for a cleaning. We attempted to have them look at Hamilton as well. He was not buying into it.

Hollister needed some work done and we were referred to a pediatric dentist. After seeing them for Hollister's inital consultation, I was able to schedule Hamilton an appointment. Being a pediatric dentist center, they know all the tricks of the trade to get little ones to cooperate.

As Hollister was having a procedure done, Hamilton and I were taken to a room with comfy sofas and chairs, no "dentist seat". There were toys and since the whole center is done like an airport there were planes everywhere. He was thrilled by this.

Hamilton got extremely shy, but the assistant talked to us for a long time and Hamilton seemed to warm up. Then the hygentist came in. They had me place Hamilton on my lap facing me. I leaned him back onto the hygentists' lap and she did the cleaning. It was fast and easy. He let them look in his mouth, count, clean and apply flouride. It was awesome! The dentist came in next to check his mouth and once again, he allowed him to touch him. They really know what they are doing.

Since I was actually part of the exam I didn't get pictures of it. I noticed a huge mouth in the room and told Hamilton to stand by it for a picture. He was totally into it. I've told you before, he's a ham!


\
His check up was perfect and he has no issues right now. They told us to keep doing what we are doing. Whew!

No comments: