Friday, December 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

So, I found these in my "draft" section of my blog. I am sure there's a reason I didn't post them, but since 2013 is ending, it is time. Be prepared for some blogging overloading.
Happy Reading!

It's Black Friday!

We are not shopping. Trevor is working and the boys and I are avoiding crowds.

Yesterday we started a new tradition for Thanksgiving.

We ran the Turkey Trot as a family. For the past 5 years, Trevor or I have run it, or we have run it together and the older boys watched the younger boys.

But, Hollister is old enough to run it, or so he thinks.

It was cold! We borrowed a jogging stroller for Hamilton and bundled up and headed out.


Thankfully its not super early. This run is HUGE in Austin. It's a 5 mile run, 25,000 people were there yesterday!


We even bought hats for the occasion!


When the run started it was fun, then we hit our first hill. Hollister was ready for water. He was a trooper though. Eventually we saw a water spot. 


Hamilton was quite the drill sergeant for me. If I walked he wanted me to run, if I wasn't going fast enough for him, he let me know it. A lot of talk for someone in a stroller!

It was really fun though and a great new tradition for us with the boys. 

Afterward, we went home and rested for a few hours before heading to my moms for Thanksgiving dinner. We of course were in charge of the cupcakes! 
I found these cute guys on Pinterest and attempted them. They actually came out and looked pretty good. 


Finally, a Pinterest project that didn't fail. 
Trevor made the yummy cupcakes of course! 
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: