Friday, May 27, 2016

Remember the Alamo!

And now, time for the 4th grade field trip! I love that I had this opportunity and took off work even though I am out of days. Getting docked a days pay was worth spending it with my boy and his friends.

We've been waiting all year for this one. We have known 4th grade goes to the Alamo for a while. It has been a long wait, but finally, it is here!!!

Classmates and baseball buddies! 
Jonah and Mathew 


Funny thing is, I thought it was just to the Alamo, but I was mistaken. 

We actually went here first. 


I am so glad we did. It was awesome! So much to learn about our great state here!!! 

Students got to experience what a school would have been like long ago. 


A class clown getting a demonstration of how discipline was handled back in the day! 
Don't worry, he didn't actually get spanked! 


They got to see what a home would have looked like too. This was a two room home. They were intrigued by this. 



An authentic log cabin too!





After lunch we headed to the Alamo. 






And finally one of us together! 

As you can imagine, the day was awesome! 
I loved hearing the boys say, "best field trip ever" when we left! 


No comments: