Thursday, February 26, 2009

The simple things in life

I am so glad that CJ, at 11, still gets excited about the simple things. Yesterday, Trevor was outof town for a business meeting. When Trevor goes out of town, which isn't often, we eat tacos for dinner. Its mine and CJ's favorite dinner, Trevor hates them, so we save those for the times he is gone. Like I said, that isn't often, so when he's gone we indulge!

CJ has been looking for a book at our local library. I finally took him and wouldn't you know it, it was checked out. So, we reserved it and they called 2 days ago to say it was in. So, yesterday morning I told him, "When I get home today, we'll go the library to get your book."

He was so pumped. Before I left for work he said, "Today is going to be great Mom, not only do I get my book, I get to eat tacos!"

I laughed about that all day.
I think its great that in his mind books and tacos = a great day!
See how happy he is eating tacos! YUM!



Hollister update:

He is potty trained! We did have an "accident" in the tub last night though. But even he knew that was nasty, so hoping that won't happen again! No need to expand on that.

He has another ear infection and on antibiotics AGAIN. We're hoping to get this taken care of.

His "bumps" are gone, not sure we really ever knew what they were, but we treated them. This was him at the Dr.'s office last week. He is such a ham, he took my camera out of purse and said, "take my picture mommy". Hmm... think we have created a monster! But, heck, who can resist that face!!!!






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Was he on amox when he had that rash? My kid broke out in a rash and that's what it was.

Zora said...

I agree with CJ a new book and taco do make a great day.

Mya and River said...

Awe, Elizabeth, CJ is the sweetest thing!! He really makes me want a boy!