Monday, January 11, 2010

Birthdays and Doctors, yes they go together

This weekend we celebrated Hollister's 4th birthday. As a family we went to Chuck E. Cheese. We did this last year also. Maybe its a tradition now that we have done it twice. We go, eat pizza and play games. It is so fun.
This year Hollister and his Daddy played games while I was sitting with Hamilton. The older boys enjoyed playing games as well. Hollister came back to the table and told me, "I saw my friend over there." I was excited, thinking he saw a friend from day care. I said, "Oh really, who?" Dad said, "You know, his friend... Chuck E. Cheese!" And that is exactly who Hollister was referring to. It was hysterical. He mentioned him a few time while we were there. He'd say, "Where's my friend?" When I asked who, he'd point to one of the zillion pictures of Chuck E. Cheese. Ironically though, he wouldn't stand with him when he walked around shaking hands with the kids. He didn't even want to be close to him. But, Chuck E. Cheese is his "friend."This is Hollister's favorite game. Collecting "bees"in the beehive. So fun!

This is what Hamilton did the ENTIRE time we were at Chuck E. Cheese. This is amazing to me because if you don't know, it is crazy loud in that place, no matter when you go.

We also had a party at our house with our neighborhood friends. Hollister is really into Batman, Superman, and Spiderman. We chose a Batman theme. He loved it and was very excited to have his friends over.
He wasn't as good at blowing out the candle though. We decided next year, we will need to practice beforehand. But, it was a fun time and as always, fun to be with our friends.
Dad trying to coax him to blow harder.

PRESENTS!!!
This is from his actual birthday, the 6th.
Our "bat" friends.

Today, we had Dr.'s appointments for both boys. Hamilton had his 2 month check up. Hollister had his 4 year old check up. I knew this would involve shots, so I made sure Trevor put this on his work calendar and joined us. No way was I doing this on my own.

Hamilton's stats:
weight: 15lbs 4oz 97%tile
height: 24 inches 80%tile
head circum: 15inches 20%tile

Apparently I have a fat, semi tall, small headed baby!

Hollister's stats:
weight: 42lbs 96%tile
height: 42inches 80%tile

Hamilton got 3 shots and one oral immunization.
Hollister got 4 immunizations! He also got the flu shot which totaled FIVE shots. The Dr. tried to explain what was about to happen to him. He just kind of listened. I knew he had no clue what she was meaning by "shots". When it was time, he laid down, the nurse was ready, Daddy was ready, he was laughing because Trevor was pretty much on top of him. Then it happened, the shots and the pain. It was so very sad. I know as a mom he needs these and we trust our pediatrician completely, but this is hard to be a part of. Now Hollister understands what "shots" are and if you ask him, he will tell you "I don't want shots anymore."

I am glad today is over actually. Now I am preparing for my last week of maternity leave. My goal is to just enjoy it. I am ready to go back to work. I am not ready to leave my baby, but it is time. So, enough time typing, more time snuggling!
Obviously, before the shots!

2 comments:

J-mee!! said...

Great post!!! LOVE the pictures!!! When were you guys at Chuck E Cheese? And which one!! It looks like they had a great time!!!!!

Mya and River said...

Awe, poor Hollister. That about made me cry! And the part about his "friend"!! So adorable! I can't believe how big Hamilton is. He's got to be a football player someday! ;) Your boys are all so cute and so sweet, Elizabeth!