Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A week of firsts....

I completed my first week back to work. It was a good one. It was only 4 days which was also good. I spent a good part of the weekend sleeping and just holding Hamilton.

Trevor's Dad was in town so, thankfully Hamilton didn't have to go to day care right away. After taking his first bottle the Saturday before I felt confident that he would eat well. All the Hodges, Hamilton was tired of picture time.

Later that week he had his first non-family babysitter. Our neighbor Eva kept him Friday for us. Trevor was back to work and was also completing a job in her house, so he was close by. Hamilton was actually born on Eva's birthday so they already have a bond. He did really well at her house for the day though.

Then, Monday the dreaded first day of Day Care arrived. I was on my own because Trevor is out of town for the week working. I was completely prepared, packed, showered, etc.... anticipating anything and everything. Hollister was very excited about having his brother at day care. All he talks about is how Hamilton is in the baby room at school. He's a very proud brother.
We headed out about 6:15am. I made three trips to the car. One for the "stuff", one with Hollister, cuz at 6:15 even the big brother isn't walking. The last trip was Hamilton. He was wide awake and content. The day care was excited about his first day as well.

I headed to work, no tears! I was at work by 7am. That NEVER happened when I was pregnant. Even my teaching partner is amazed when I arrive so early.

11 weeks old

Hamilton had a great day and won the ladies hearts over with his precious smiles. He did all the normal things, ate, slept, and pooped. He even has a brand new vibrating bouncy seat at day care, just for him. Hamilton is the only baby right now. The next youngest is 1 year and 16 months. He is definitely being spoiled.

Due to our busy week last week, I missed a post I had wanted to do. So, for the first time, I am going to do two posts in one. It is called:

" The Never Ending Birthday"

Hollister's birthday was January 6th. We gave him our presents that day. His party was January 9th. His friends gave him presents on that day. Grandma and Aunt Mary came for visit January 16th and he got presents. Poppa Benny bought him a present January 19th while visiting and Aunt Kim sent him a package. Thank goodness it arrived the same day Poppa gave him his present. He definitely loves opening presents! He also had quite the theme for his birthday, BATMAN. Click here to see the Batman party.... check out the latest Batman toys below. Thanks Aunt Kim! Thanks Poppa, I was just checking this out at Target with Mommy.


So we had to draw the line, his birthday is OVER. No more presents or cake!...

At least until Daddy's big one next week!

1 comment:

Mya and River said...

Glad daycare is going well! You are so much stronger than me. I would have cried all day. Well, you already know that. lol