Thursday, August 11, 2011

We work hard for our money....

Big news this summer is I am no longer a commuter! With all the budget cuts in education it wasn't easy, but I finally got a job in Elgin. It has been quite a roller coaster for me this summer. I interviewed with 2 elementary principals (Elgin only has 3 elementary schools) and they both said, "I'd hire you today if I could" Nice to hear, but not what I was hoping for. Then I interviewed with the middle school principal and she kind of said the same thing. I was getting very discouraged. But, with one week to go, I got the call and I was hired to teach 6th grade math at the middle school.

I am going from driving 38 miles one way, to driving 1.7 miles one way!!! I don't really have to express how elated we are here about that news do I?


And... CJ got his first job! He is bagging school supplies for a company in Belton. It's a 4 week summer gig!
And in more work news.... Kendrick now has a full time job at Samsung. He is still working at Little Cesar's on the weekend for now and yes, school as well. I project one sleepy boy for a while.

No comments: