Sunday, February 19, 2012

L-O-V-E of course!

My husband claims Valentine's is a made up holiday, but I don't buy it. Valentine's is all about LOVE!!!

This year, again, I wanted my man to feel loved!!!!

He got 14 days of "love grams". Thanks to my blog stalking and Pinterest I got some great ideas and printables!

Not in any particular order: 1. A "crush" drink; "I've got a crush on you" 2. Tamale candies; "You're a hot tamale" 3. Nerf gun; "Do I have a shot at being your valentine" (Hollister was very jealous of this gift.)
 4. Bubble gum; "I chews you Valentine" 5. Bouncy ball; "You make my heart bounce." 6. Pop Rock candy; "You make my heart pop" 7. Mentos candy; "We were mint to be together" 8. A melted crayon heart; "You color my world"  (Hollister was also jealous of this and I had to give him one on Valentine's day)
9. Beeswax lip balm; "Bee mine"  10. Ten things I love about you


 11. Candy bar; "I love you more than chocolate."  12. Fortune cookie box with home made felt fortune cookies; "I am so fortunate to have you" 13. Pistachio's; "I'm nuts about you." 14. Starburst candy; "You're a star and make me feel like one too."

It was fun to do and I think he enjoyed it.

Of course we did Valentine's for school parties too! I saw a cute idea for super hero valentine's on Pinterest and copied it. I also repeated the bouncy ball idea for Hamilton's class. Hollister wrote each of his friends names and his own name 20 times.

                                                  Hamilton colored on each of his gifts.

I made these yummy snacks for Hollister's teacher. They are raspberry kisses with raspberry m&m's. I made a cute jar that said, "For a berry special teacher", but didn't take a picture. I know, bad blogger!!


The boys both had parties at school and day care and of course Daddy made cupcakes for them. Valentine's morning, he packed my car with cupcakes and this too. It was a fabulous surprise! A very berry strawberry cake and oh my it was DELICIOUS!!!!

Hollister had soccer practice that evening and when we got home Hollister asked me "Would you like to go eat with me?" It was so cute! So, off we went for a nice Valentine's dinner.

Later that night, when I gave Trevor his last gift, he surprised me with a super special gift. He gave me a slide charm bracelet.  It has a heart charm with two pink spacers to keep adding charms. I am so excited about the possibilities. I was totally shocked because like, I said, Trevor thinks Valentine's Day is a made up holiday. Plus, the last time I received jewelry from my husband was my engagement ring and wedding ring! It was a GREAT end to a fabulous day.

L-O-V-E is awesome!

No comments: