Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sweet tooth


This weekend we hosted a dessert party for our neighbors and friends. This is our second neighborhood party since we moved in June.

First, I tried something I read on another blog. I heated red hots on the stove to make it smell like Christmas in the house and, IT WORKED!!! Water and red hots, boil, let simmer. It was awesome. It will burn though so don't leave it for a super long time.

Trevor and I made a lot of chocolate dipped treats. I also made a trail mix. Each person was asked to bring a treat to share.

I made sugar cookies for the kids and had things for them to decorate with. We didn't have very many kids, but the ones we had lived it up. I told Trevor next year, no sprinkles! They were everywhere!



















This is Tony, eating his yummy creations.



























This is Mia, Tony's sister. She loved decorating more than eating the cookies.



















Hollister had a great time playing with Mia. She is 4. She is a new friend!


We anticipated people staying about 2 hours or so, just dessert, wine and coffee.
What happened was talking, talking and more talking. Except the kids, little desserts were eaten. I made everyone take a "doggie bag". No way are we leaving that stuff in this house with a woman on a diet. I even made CJ a plate for when he returns tomorrow night.

anyway, we just sat around and chatted and before we knew it, it was 10pm. Then it was midnight!!!!















It was really fun. We don't get to visit much with each other often. I mean, everyone has busy lives, so this was a nice get together. It's our goal to have block parties about 4 times a year. This one was smaller than the last, but we got to meet a new family from two doors down. YEA!


And this is what the down side from a sugar high looks like. What a sweet boy.

2 comments:

Mya and River said...

You're such great neighbors! I wish we lived in your neighborhood! :) I love your house!

Sandra said...

Oh that sweets look so yummy! I love that idea! The holiday temptations are sinking in :0 Thanks for the Sparks website.....LOVE it.