Tuesday, January 6, 2009

12 days AFTER Christmas

Then 2006
Now 2009

12 days after Christmas... 3 years ago, Hollister Todd Hodges was born!

Last night I put my two year old to bed for the last time. This morning I will wake my 3 year old for the first time. Neither are very fun times in our home. He cries to go to bed, he cries when I have to wake him up. In between though, he's pretty amazing.

5 years ago, I just knew I would never have another baby, a little less than 4 years ago, I was shocked when I learned I would. Shocked is an understatement really.

3 years ago, the first words said about him were, "wow, he's a tank!" and he was. He weighed in at 9lbs 3 oz. I kept telling everyone it wasn't just all the food I was eating, that baby was B-I-G!

He definitely is a tank. He tears through this house like a tank, that is for sure.

He is incredibly special though. I didn't even know I was missing something, but thankfully God did. Hollister has brought us all such joy. He keeps us laughing and we're hoping young in future years.

He talks non stop and most of the time says sweet things like, "luv you Mommy" But sometimes, he is not so nice. Like when he told me, "you shut your mouth Mommy" Think we should watch what we say here? yea, we are learning the hard way!

But he is always cute, and always a joy in our lives. He is helping his selfish mommy to be less selfish. (and that ain't an easy task!)

I love birthdays. Its a remembrance of a wonderful time and memory for me. Its a time to remember a miracle, a blessing. I need to remember these when he is frustrating me or trying my patience (are those the same things?)

My baby is 3 and I find that hard to believe! I just plan to enjoy the day and remember!

Happy Birthday sweet boy!

3 comments:

Mya and River said...

Okay, now, no need to write such things to make me cry!

Zora said...

Yeah! I totally meant to call. Sorry. Love the little man

Elizabeth said...

get ready Brandy... Mya will be 1 in the blink of an eye... get the tissues ready NOW!