Sunday, January 18, 2009

Potty Training Part 2


So, we have 2 full days behind us. How's it going? I guess okay. He has had 3 accidents total, nothing major. He sits on the potty all the time, but only because we make him. He has peed in the potty a lot more than I thought and he is very excited about it when he does, but I get the feeling he isn't really ready. I think he'd be fine if I just kept a diaper on him. Just a feeling I am getting.

We won't stop and see how it goes at day care this week.

Potty training is exhausting, mostly mentally. I was prepared with underwear and tricks and treats, but mentally it is work. Everyone has their theory of what to do and how to do it quickly. I think it truly depends on the child. When they are ready, they will let you know.

Brandy, new mom and friend, asked about a book for potty training. I am sure they are out there. I do wish I had gotten a story book and read it to Hollister over the past few weeks, but I never did. I also know there are books about how, when etc for parents... I have never bought them.

CJ potty trained himself really... I don't remember the details. What I remember is it was painless. That's how it should be.

What I do know is how stinking cute that boy is in his underwear though! Gotta love that!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

By the sounds of it he did great. I know how exhausting it can be Keep up the good work. You guys can do it.

Zora said...

How did he do at school?

Elizabeth said...

the first 2 days this week, were BAD! I was really frustrated.

3rd day- NO ACCIDENTS!!!

I nearly peed my pants from excitement!

We're hanging in there.