Friday, April 10, 2009

Bitter sweet Day

Today is CJ's 12th birthday. Like all his birthdays, he is excited and giddy. He acts like a 5 year old on these days. Its actually quite funny.

Last night he said all he wanted was the remote control for the TV in his room which he had lost due to some poor choices a while back, and some time on my computer. I just love that these little things make him happy.

First thing this morning, he asked for toast and eggs. Again, crazy simple thing.

His favorite place to eat is Applebee's. Trevor hates that place. But we went for lunch, which thrilled CJ. A trip to Barnes and Noble and the kid was about to pee his pants. When I let him get 2 books, I think I might of seen some tears well up in his eyes. You'd think we never buy this kid anything!

We had a yummy iced cream dessert tonight and we did actually buy him a present that he wasn't expecting.
I love that he doesn't want "traditional"cakes anymore. Cookies and Cream Ice Cream cake!!! Oh, mercy, it was yummy!

It was a good day!


So, why so bittersweet? because as most of you know, CJ has decided that he wants to live with his Dad. Now that he is 12, he knows that he can make that decision. This was not a surprise, it was not sprung on me. I have known for a long time. It doesn't actually happen until August 1st either. CJ will finish the school year and summer here. It is becoming official though. I received some paper work last week from attorneys and well, I haven't even opened them. Guess I'm in a little denial.

I know its coming, I know why and this may seem weird, but I understand. Being married to Trevor and Kendrick NOT living here, I get it, I understand why CJ wants to move. I hate it, but I understand it.

So for now, this day marks a milestone, but I know there are many to come so I won't dwell. I'll love on my boy and be thankful for a great 12 years with him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BOY!

2 comments:

Zora said...

What a sweet blessing from the Lord that CJ is! Don't worry about what is coming. Enjoy the now!

PS - you made me cry!

Mya and River said...

I'm not reading your blog anymore!! I am crying sitting here. You are handling CJ going to live with his dad way better than I would. It will definitely be good for him to be with his dad at this age.