Monday, April 13, 2009

Quick Action



Today Hollister had his ENT appt. I fully expected to be told he needed tubes and for it to be completed soon. What I didn't anticipate was to be told that he also needed his tonsils and adenoids taken out. And even more than that, I never anticipated the surgery to take place in less than 2 days.

I am not panicking. It was just a lot to take in, on my own. Trevor is in NM until tomorrow evening, so I had convey all this to him by phone. That was no fun.

Since Hollister's tonsils need to come out too, he has to have his surgery at Dell Children's Hospital in Austin. He will also have to be admitted and spend the night. Our Dr. only goes there 2 days a month, that is why it is being done so quickly.

I am hopeful for a great outcome. I know this is really going to help Hollister's ear infections, along with his breathing and snoring issues!

2 comments:

Zora said...

hope all goes well today. Hollister should be happy about his tonsils. I think they feed them ice cream afterwards.

Mya and River said...

Wow, I didn't know that they took tonsils out anymore! Give little Hollister a big hug from Mya!