Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm all ears!

This is what a strong ear looks like. Okay, not really, but its cute.

This is what a not so strong ear looks like. I know, it looks strong, but trust me. If you could see inside, you would gross out! But that ear sure is on a cute head!
Ears have always been an issue in my family. I had tubes as a child and serious issues about the size of my ears and that they stick out. I'm over that now.

When CJ was 18 months, he had tubes after many ear infections. It completely solved his infection issues. I also think at the time, it helped his hearing. Now he is 12 and the only problem with his ears is selective listening and that he forgets to clean them. Boys are gross!

Now, there is Hollister. Today we returned to the Dr. to check on his eyes actually. They had "gunk" in them accompanied by a fever, etc... Well, one VERY QUICK look into that nasty left ear and the Dr. says, "Oh, his eardrum has burst"

OMG! I knew his ear was not healing correctly!! Talk about a frustrated mom. So, we start another antibiotic AND FINALLY get a referral to the ENT. This is after his 5th infection since August 2008. What takes so long? There is a problem with my baby's ear, it is obvious. I am concerned about his hearing, why have we waited so long?

Well, thank goodness the ENT can see us quickly. Hopefully we can have some answers by next week.

1 comment:

Mya and River said...

Oh my gosh is right! How crazy! Poor guy! I hope you get everything all worked out. :(