Saturday, June 13, 2009

Biker Rally Fun



Yesterday we headed downtown for the ROT Biker Rally. ROT stands for Rally of Texas. It is the biggest biker rally in Texas and second only to Sturgis in South Dakota. Over 200,000 bikes are expected!
A zillion, okay, maybe not a zillion, but a lot of people were expected last night downtown for the festivities, which included a jump from Robbie Knievel.

I am unable to ride this year, doctors orders, so, we booked a room and took our kids to the parade. It was insane, loud and crowded.

After they went back to the hotel to watch a movie, we headed out for some adult fun. We were interested in the jump, weren't willing to pay though. We ended up in a great spot, plus they had huge TVs, but it was probably the scariest place I have ever been. We were in the crowd of 200,000+ people and there was a lot of pushing. It felt very unsafe at times. We pulled the pregnancy card and were taken to a different place to watch the jump. It wasn't as great a view, but man, did I feel safer and not as hot.

For what ever reason, I didn't take my camera out of my purse. So, the photos I have are from the internet.

It was a nice adventure, and one we will do again. It's a tradition after 4 years for us! I have to say though, its nice to be here in my "quiet" house away from the people and the bikes.

No comments: