Saturday, July 11, 2009

San Francisco Trip

We survived our vacation. It was awesome. The weather was amazing. It was between the 50's and 70's all week. There were times we were really cold and times we just soaked in the sun. It was very windy too. The double decker bus across the Golden Gate Bridge was miserable. It was like being in a crazy cold wind storm. Thank goodness it only lasted a few minutes.

We walked a lot, but took advantage of the many modes of transportation available in SF. We flew in a plane, rode a street car, train, trolley, bus and van all in a few days time.

We ate and ate and ate. We saw so many interesting people and things and appreciated our simple living here in Elgin.

Each day we set out and each day we went back to the room for a nap, then off again. Trevor and I were always the first to fall asleep. The older boys even got a swim in, the pool was heated.

The week was wonderful and Trevor's first vacation to NOT field phone calls. The only down side was me having my phone stolen the first day. Trevor's hates my purse and swears I dropped it, but I am sticking to the stolen part. It was minor though. I didn't need to call anyone. I didn't facebook or e-mail. It was truly a vacation.

It didn't go by too fast or too slow. I also feel rested because there's no rushing back to work this next week. I also made a point to leave the house clean BEFORE we left so coming home was awesome!

It was a great trip and I am thankful we were able to share this with our kiddos.

So many photos, so of course a slide show is the best way to view them. I took less pictures this time because Trevor took his camera and was a photo journalist I think. Those have to be developed the old fashioned way though. So, in a few weeks after we develop his NINE, yes NINE rolls of film, I'll do another post!

ENJOY!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: San Fran
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Mya and River said...

Ohh, how cool!! I would love to go there! I love your new motto at home about breaking the rules...made me laugh really loudly. ;)