Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cake, Cake, and well... more Cake!

As if creating a castle cake wasn’t enough, a few days later we were at it again. At school, one of my team members is retiring after 30 years being a instructional aide with Round Rock ISD. I mentioned that I had to order the cake from Sam’s and Trevor said something to the effect of, “Why not let me do it?” I explained how we had to feed 150 people which is way more than he has ever done before. And of course, that is a challenge for my competitive driven husband and we were off!

Sunday was cake baking day! Apparently I was busy washing dishes and cleaning up that I couldn't take pictures.

Monday was cake decorating day!
Frosting

FrostingFrosting (you get the point, huh?) Preparing the words
Piping the words. You really have to have a steady hand for this step. Finished Product


Finished Product 2


The next cake would be covered in fondant. This is him coloring fondant.


This is the mixing of the color to the desired consistency. Its quite a workoutRolling the fondant The fondant is imprinted and then draped over the cake. Piping will give it a finished look. The finished product the day of the party. This cake is also raspberry filled. And cake wasn't enough. He also made 2 dozen cupcakes and topped them with edible flowers. Step 1: On a prepared stencil and waxed paper, place a chocolate melt.
Step 2: Outline flower with chocolate. Refrigerate until hardened.
Step 3: Fill in petals. Refrigerate again.
Step 4: Peel flowers off waxed paper and Viola!

Tuesday was cake eating day!
This is Ms. Joyce. She has worked for RRISD for 30 years and we are celebrating her! I have worked with her for 7 years and she will be greatly missed. Our teamTuesday night was fall asleep early and rest, rest, rest…

1 comment:

Mya and River said...

I love Ms. Joyce and Iove seeing how these cakes are made! They look beautiful! What patience!