Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Milestones

It is hard to believe that 18 months ago I went to work anxiously awaiting maternity leave that was to begin the very next day. I was looking forward to the next 5 days of R-E-S-T. I didn’t feel very good and I was ready to just be home and enjoy the last few days. Well, Hamilton had other ideas and I found out by lunch why I didn’t feel very good.
I was in labor! Hamilton was on his way and he didn’t want to wait 5 more days.
Now, a year a half later, I can’t even recall what life was like before he arrived. He is such a happy little boy.
He has officially moved out of the “baby” room at day care. It’s a nice change on my check book, but still kind of sad.
He’ll have his 18 month check up later this week, so not stats quite yet, but he’s just BIG, with a capital B-I- and G!
He eats everything and often. When he wakes up in the morning, he wants to go directly to his chair in the kitchen to eat, no new diaper, no clothes, just food.
He is happy all the time and smiles the biggest smile. He is really into balls; any kind of ball. If he sees a ball, he will point and say, “bah-ball”. Even when he sees one on TV, he points it out. Trevor made a baseball cake last week, when I opened the fridge, Hamilton saw it and pointed to it and said, “bah-ball”.
He loves his big brothers and especially loves following Hollister around. He loves to be chased by him enjoys tackling Hollister as well. They laugh together so much.
He can now go up and down the stairs by himself, which is still extremely scary for us all. He loves his shoes and loves to take them off. He tries to put everyone’s shoes on. He can point to his feet, his nose and is really good at following directions. (I revel in this now, because I know this will not last) He loves to be outside and especially in his wagon. He has been a real trooper through soccer and tball practices and games. Recently he has had enough of being in the stroller while watching the kids play, so I let him out and he was in hog heaven. He grabbed a bat and a ball and tried to swing the ball off the tee. At the end of practice the kids run the bases for fun and he saw Daddy and Hollister running so he started running. It was the cutest thing.

He also drinks from a cup now. Not all the time, and only water and only what I want to clean up, but it is a start. He is really learning control over the cup and how much to “drink”. This is what a sweaty baby who needs a haircut looks like. How fun is he? Yes, I have put off cutting his hair because he’s my baby and yes, I know it has to be done….




A year and a half? Wow, how can I bottle this time up?

No comments: